Monday, April 27, 2009

Look who showed up for breakfast today!

For those of you have been reading my blog, you know that I have been working on attracting some beautiful birds to my backyard, not only because I love to watch birds interacting, but I'm wanting to practice photographing wildlife and birds, flowers etc. I've had an oriole feeder up for about a week and a half now because last year I had one lonely oriole hang around for a couple of days. Today my patience paid off....I couldn't believe it when I just happened to glance out of my scrapbook room window and spied some very welcome guests showing up for a fruity breakfast!
But to my surprise, not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 Baltimore Orioles were eating at the two feeders that I have up. I was SO EXCITED...grabbed my camera and started shooting. Of course I can't get too close without shooing them off, so once again I had to shoot out of my window, so the focus is not as great as I would like it to be. But at least I have proof that they are here!!
These birds love orange stuff. I mixed up some nectar that I had bought especially for Orioles, and also added a few real orange slices as a further enticement after reading on the net that they love orange slices.
I've also been trying to entice the cardinals up the the feeders, but haven't been able to get any too close even tho they supposedly love sunflower seeds the best. But I'll continue to try to get them close enough to photograph.
Hope all of you have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment