Monday, August 24, 2009

You're so sweet......

Yesterday was the 1st of what I hope is many "Cards for Heroes" day. I had two special friends come over and we made handmade cards to send overseas to the troops that they in turn can use to send back home to their loved ones on holidays, birthdays etc. You know, they don't have the local card store that they can go pick up a card when they need one...so we are helping to fill that void! The soldiers are so appreciative of the cards. My hubby even helped out by smoking a brisket that was soooo yummy. So we had brisket sandwiches, baked beans and potato salad and a lot of talking and laughing. Thanks Lisa and Jody for joining in and helping out. You are indeed SO SWEET!. Here's to you!

If you would be interested in coming over once a month and making cards for soldiers, let me know. I do limit it to only 8 per month so everyone has room to work. You can send me an email if you are interested. The next date will be Sunday afternoon, September 20 at 1:00 PM-? The LAST Scrapbook club meeting for this session will be Monday nite August 31 at 6:30 PM. I will be continuing the club for those of you who want to keep going. If you're interested in joining the group let me know. September's club nite will be Thursday, September 24 at 6:30 PM. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment