Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother's Day....just a few days away!

I'm happy to say my Mother's Day Cards are complete and ready to mail! I used the "Bella" papers from the new summer Close To My Heart catalog to make my cards. I added some paper flowers and some "bling", a little glitter for the butterfly and a few sentiments with stamps. I was happy with how they turned out. I always like to fancy up the inside of my cards as well as the outside....and a touch to the envelope is always nice too.




I also was able to get almost all of my birthday cards done that I needed for this month. So you know what that means? Most of the rest of the month I can concentrate on scrapbooking! Gotta love that! It was a good weekend to paper craft since it was so rainy ALL WEEKEND! I've been watching the birds out the window. They don't let even the rain stop them from devouring the food I put out for them. They may honestly eat me out of house and home if they don't' slow down! I refilled all the feeders yesterday, and low and behold today I had to refill them again. My hubby says they eat better then he does!
On a happy note in my birding adventures, today I THINK that I saw an Indigo Bunting. My sister (Hi Sharon!) says that they have alot of these down where she lives in Eastern Texas, but I hadn't seen one here. But the last couple of days I've seen a brilliantly blue bird flit through the yard. He doesn't slow down enough for me to get a picture of him, but I looked at the Indigo Bunting on the internet and it does look like what I saw. Hopefully it'll come close enough for me to get a picture. Enough bird talk for today!
I enjoyed weekend time with all my grand kids. Spent time with Garrett, Carleigh and Phog yesterday, and Wyatt today. Perfect end to a good weekend. Relaxation, creativity, enjoying God's beautiful nature, and spending time with family.
Here's hoping you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment