Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Let Freedom Ring.....

We live in the greatest country in the world. It's easy at times to forget how very blessed we Americans are. Even tho the economy is in the tank right now, and people are hurting all over, we still have our Freedom. That is so important.

I can't imagine living in a country where you can't worship your God your way, speak your mind on those things that concern you, live where you want to live, how you want to live, the lifestyle that you want to live, and be who and what you want to be. And although we as Americans don't always agree on religion, and politics, and lifestyles, and all the issues of the day....the important thing is....WE have the choice. Just as God created us....with choice. Ok, I'll jump off my soapbox now and talk about papercrafting!! Here's some 4th of July cards I made to send to family. I was going to make some cards using the punches like yesterdays post, only stars, but got sidetracked and came up with this design instead. It's out of the Wishes card making book from Close to My Heart. I just gathered up some patriotic papers and started following the directions....easy peasy!

It's Kansas.....and it's hot! But I'm sitting here under the air conditioner sipping some mint iced tea (yum)...fixing to go mow the lawn. Trying to gather up my courage. For those of you who know where I live, we mow 5 acres......EVERY week it seems like. We barely get finished mowing and it's time to start over again. But you would have to drag me kicking and screaming back to the city limits....give me country quiet any day...even if I practically live on the lawnmower all summer long! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment