Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So glad we're friends!

My card stash is getting waaaaay low, had a few minutes, so thought I'd whip up a couple to go in my "stash". These cards took about 15 minutes to make.



First I picked my card base. Kraft colored cardstock. This is a standard 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch card. Picked 2 different heart size and made a few punches.

Put some adhesive on the inside of the card all around the punched hearts....

Then, just added some scraps of paper I had. What a great way to use up those scraps of patterned paper you have lying around!!


Then put a bigger piece of coordinating patterned paper on the inside to cover up the messy part.... I finished up the outside by using my piercing tool and punched holes all around the outside edge. Then I took a white gel pen and connected the holes to look like stitching (just because I didn't want to get my sewing machine out!)
This would be a great technique to use for 4th of July cards also using star punches and patriotic patterned paper. I'm going to make some of those today! Hope you'll try this quick technique and make up a few quick cards!
Speaking of card stashes....is you're getting low? I've been thinking about having a card making day at my house. If some of you would be interested in coming over and making some cards, I'll set up a day and we can have some fun. You can bring you're paper, embellishments etc, and use my stamps to load up your own stash! Let me know if you're interested and I'll set up a day for stamping fun. We can have a pot luck lunch or supper depending on the time and everyone chip in snacks. Email me here nanasmemoriesctmh@yahoo.com if you're interested in a card making day!
Later..

No comments:

Post a Comment