Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Maybe too much?....maybe not..

I have to admit that I thought all the hoopla surrounding Michael Jackson's death was a bit much. But today, I found myself drawn to the televised memorial service like the proverbial moth to a flame. It made me rather melencholy to say the least. We were close to the same age, me and Michael. I grew up singing along with him on the radio...belting out "I'll be there" with tears streaming down my face after a horrible teenage break-up with "the love of my life" boyfriend who I knew I would NEVER get over. Hearing some of those "old" songs brought about a whole lot of "old" memories to go along with them. I felt like I had lost a friend when it was over. Maybe it affected me more then I thought because I've felt that horrible sense of premature loss for no reason before. Whatever he was...confused, lonely, lost, guilty or not, right or wrong, I don't know and it's not for me to judge. But I do know, he was a person, he had a great talent, and it's sad he died the way he did. I hope he was right with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment