Friday, January 30, 2009

Ahhhhh......Kansas


Today I don't have anything creative to share that's from my own hands...but I do have something to share from one whos creations far outshine any that I could ever hope to make!

We all know that Kansas is famous for it's acres of sunflowers, and they in themselves are gorgeous when you glimpse row upon row of them lifting their faces to the sun. Of course there's a joke that goes around that says "Welcome to Kansas, set your clocks back 50 years"....As I get older I'm learning to appreciate that slower pace of living that so much of the world shuns.





It simply takes my breath away to see the rich beauty around us that is there if we just pay attention. In our everyday rush to get things done and go here and go there, we miss these instant snaphots of God's love.





My daughter Kristy snapped these pictures on her way home from work one day. She likes to carry her camera with her for just such moments as these. I may have to follow her lead on this one, as these are definately keepers. I see this, and I know why I love Kansas.









Each day is a gift. At the end of each is a time of rest and renewal, for with the daybreak is a new day, a new beginning, a new hope.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment