Friday, January 23, 2009

Paper Bag Album

Today I'm going to give you a quick tutorial on making a paper bag album. The great thing about these albums is they're cheap, you can use up all your scrap papers you have lying around, you can embellish to your hearts content, and they make great gifts for friends and family. You can make a paper bag album for any occasion or event, or just because!







You first start with 3 lunch size paper bags. The ones I used were just plain ole lunch sacks that you get at Walmart or wherever. They also come in white if you prefer that color background for your album.

Fold each paper bag in half making a center crease line.
You stack the 3 paper bags together as pictured alternating the bottom fold. I like to sew the three of them together down the center fold line to keep them nice and tidy(no slipping around!). I just use a regular sewing machine. Punch 3 holes down the side.



Now you are ready to start embellishing however you like.



I like to make all kinds of tags to put into the different pockets I made. Some will hold pictures and some journaling. The rest is all to your imagination! These are really easy peasy to make. So why don't you go get some lunch bags and try it!



Here's a few pages of one of the albums I have done. Lots of pockets, and lots of tags, little envelopes etc. Now I just need to get some pictures in it!



I used lots of scraps of ribbon from CTMH, walmart and hobby lobby. I have tons of ribbon, so this is a great project to use up some bits and pieces!



All the patterned paper I used for this album is from CTMH's Sonata paper pak. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I still have 2 of these that I made at the workshop! I did give them as a gift, but they were given back to me to put pictures in. I guess I better get busy on them, it has only been almost 2 years now! Cheri

    ReplyDelete