Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Then & Now....

As you all know one of my resolutions for this year was to finally start a scrapbook for myself. I have books for each of my grandkiddies, but not one for me. So this year I wanted to remedy that. I want my grandkids and even my kids to look at my book and get a real knowledge of who I am and what really goes on in my head and my heart! A scrapbook is a place to not only put pictures of events and memories, but to record forever your innermost thoughts for those who come after you. It's kind of a journal with pictures. I'll be the first to admit that I don't always journal in my books the way I should. It's easy to just put "5th Birtday" and go on, instead of taking the time to put your thoughts and feelings down. I'm not saying you should go in depth with every single page you put into your books, but I think everyone who scrapbooks should take the time to "lay it all out there" so to speak every once in awhile. But, I digress...I'm just waiting on a couple more pictures to arrive ( hopefully today?) to finish my very first layout for my own scrapbook. My goal is to do a two page layout a month for my book, and although here it is March already and I have not one finished, I do have the pictures and idea in mind for each month so far. Just a matter of my schedule settling down enough to get it done. I wanted to share with you today the picture I found of my hubby and I very close to the time we met. This picture was taken in 1977. Just look at the cracks in the picture and you can tell we are OLD! We'd been together a little over a year at this time. It's so funny to look at this picture from so long ago, compared to how we look now. A lot of years... a lot of memories. I'm sad now that I've let all that time go by without putting down what happened between...but todays' a new day, and God willing, I'll have a lot more memories to save and share with those I love! Have a great day...and save the memories!

















No comments:

Post a Comment