Monday, March 30, 2009

It's for the birds! & April Challenge






I can not wait until the real spring gets here. See this little guy here?

It's an Eastern Bluebird. We have a pair of them that come every spring and build their nest on a fence in our back yard by my flower bed. Every year they raise at least 1 if not 2 sets of babies. Well, unfortunately, last year one of our cats (Skinner...that's another story in itself) knocked the birdhouse off of the fence and it broke apart. As of yet we haven't gotten another one built yet. We must hurry though, as I have seen one of the pair flying around looking for their house. I don't want them to go elsewhere, as they've been here for probably 4 years. They're family




And then there's this guy. He's a Baltimore Oriole. Last year for the first time we had one of these also. He hung around for a few days. He's beautiful. Now, I'm not sure how to attract these fine fellows, but I did find out they like oranges. Now I just need to figure out how to get them to see an orange and come eat it!
Have you started on your April Challenge yet?
Well, I haven't either, but....I did order pictures to start it! Today was Clean the House Day, so nothing creative to share...but tommorrow is free and clear, so hoping to get something done to show and tell!
I'm saving my energy for Chuckie Cheese this weekend. It's Wyatt's 6th birthday and that was what he wanted to do. So...the 4 grandkids, both moms and grandma are off to Tulsa to celebrate the day! John wants nothing to do with Chuckie Cheese. We went a few years ago..he wasn't impressed! So he decided he would let us have the fun and stay home. I just like to watch the kids have fun, and it's a good place for them to run wild and be safe. (Despite the pizza is like eating cardboard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment