Monday, November 9, 2009

Stampin' Sisters and Sweet Sunday sketch


I made this card this morning for the Sweet Sunday sketch and the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge. The SSIC challenge was to make a patriotic card to honor our soldiers and the Bible verse John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends". I used the sketch from the Sweet Sunday challenge so I was able to do both challenges in one card.
There will be alot of Veterans Day parades etc this week honoring our soldiers. There's nothing more beautiful then the rows of waving American Flags in the cemetery called "The Avenue of Flags". Don't forget to offer up a special prayer this week for them as they continue to fight for freedom and our safety.

6 comments:

  1. I like the big field of red on your card and the way it helps set off the flag and the eagle. Great symbolism and it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I picked the verse this week, I forgot about it being Veteran's Day! Your post reminded me. Your card is beautiful! It is the perfect way to honor our soldiers. Thank you so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - how perfect for Veterans Day this week. The eagle is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cheryl! I love how you used the eagle flying next to the US flag. Your card is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. A spectacular job -- the colors and the eagle set this one up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flag!!! Of course everything is wonderful as well. That eagle is breathtaking.

    Thanks for playing along this week at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete