Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch/ Our Daily Bread Challenge

Good Wednesday Morning! It's good to be back to creating after being gone for a few days. I miss it when I can't at least make one card a day! I'll have several challenges to catch up on today along with laundry and all the other chores and errands needing to be done. I've combined a couple challenges in this card. The sweet sunday sketch I kinda took artistic license with and shortened it up a little....Our Daily Bread Challenge was to use some shimmer on your card. I used stickles on the little girls dress...I have to name this little girl Jenny even tho it's not her official name because if you scroll down you'll see the inspiration for this card.....

Close up of the shimmer.....

And this is Jenny...(she'd not to speak to me for awhile if she knew I was posting this picture) when she was 8 (she's 29 now!) This was her very favorite toy for years...his name was Hug-A- Bunny. She received it when her grandpa died as something to "snuggle" with. She and her sister were very close to their grandpa, and were very upset when he passed away. She still has "Hug-A- Bunny" to this day.
When I saw this stamp called "Snuggle" from "The Greeting Farm" I just had to get it so I could make this card for my daughter. I think she'll appreciate it! Have a wonderful day. Till later...

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sheryl, this is precious!!! Your daughter will cherish this card! Thank you so much for playing the ODBD challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this card and I just love your sharing your story with us! It's a precious memory! Your daughter will love this!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the ODBD Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Hug-A-Bunny story -- your daughter should be delighted that you have shared the story, her picture, and the lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet image and story!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! Your daughter will love it!! Awesome coloring and design!! Thanks for playing with us in the ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete