Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cute Card Thursday...Challenge 83..Candy Corn


Today's challenge is "Candy Corn" which really is any candy or sweet themed card. I decided to use the gingerbread man from CTMH's "Gingerbread" stamp set. Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink "Everyday Button Bits" and paper is from Basic Grey "Figgy". I thought the gingerbread man had to have googly eyes, and a few sparkle buttons. I should have used liquid applique to make frosting swirls on his arms and legs, but was too lazy to go dig it out! I used to love to read my kids the gingerbread man story. Always when I'd made gingerbread cookies they'd play with them, chasing each other around chanting the gingerbread song "Catch me, catch me if you can...can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man... until they finally would chomp their heads off (including of course all the graphic screams of someone getting their heads chopped off, or arms, or legs...!) Makes me want to go whip up a batch of gingerbread cookies!
Have a happy day!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, thanks for joining us this week on Cute Card Thursday.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! love the gingerbread man and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your gingerbread man! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete