Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mercy Tuesday Sketch Challenge #45

Good morning! I poured myself a cup of coffee and started right to work on Mercy Tuesday's challenge card today. I took a little liberty and added the flower as another focal point as I thought it looked a little plain otherwise...still not sure if I like it all that well! Oh well, it is what it is!
I'm going to be making a special sympathy card for my sis and her hubby today. They had to put their little dog down yesterday due to cancer, and they are devastated. The dog was their faithful family member and went everywhere with them, loved like a child. Some people don't understand that love for a pet, but for those of us who love our furry friends the pain of loss is all too real. But I know that my God comforts in loss of pets too, because, that's just the way He is! What makes us, His children sad, makes Him sad also. Later...

2 comments:

  1. I like your card. I think - for me - the solid on the pattern (stripes) makes the focal image really stand out.The ribbon and punched edge and the wintery color flowers set off with that tiny snowflake are perfect. VERY nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheryl...this is cute, cute, cute! great colors and coloring!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done such an amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete